I was tagged by Amanda for the ‘Peeps I want to know more about’ meme.
The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was in the first year of my fine art degree at the Surrey Institute of Art and Design. I left halfway through the course and transferred to Goldsmiths where I studied art history. I stayed there to do my masters degree. Ten years ago my boys were five and three – they’re bigger than me now!
2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Get a blood test.
2. Book my boys onto a guitar and bass summer school in Bath.
3. Call the administrators who have taken over the furniture company from which we ordered our new front room furniture, to find out when (if) we will get it.
4. Call up I Knit London to see if I did actually book a ticket for September’s I Knit day with the Yarn Harlot, or just thought about it and somehow imagined that that would be enough. (Note to self: must get that whole reality=external, thought=internal thing sorted out at some point.)
5. Tie up the roses in the front garden to stop the car knocking them over all the time.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Anything sugary, which is unfortunate as I am glucose intolerant and too much sugary stuff makes me feel ill.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
a. I would be an old-fashioned philanthropist like Rockerfeller or someone, and give most of it away through various foundations.
b. I would travel the world, but over land and sea, not through the sky.
c. I would have a fabulous art collection. Not locked up in a bank, but in my home. I would own the art I love that I can only see in galleries or museums.
d. I would have a house with a little house in the grounds. This is where my housekeeper and her husband, the gardener, would live. The housekeeper would make the beds every day with antique linen bedding.
e. I would also have a chef who would cook all of our meals for us.
c. I would worry about how my kids would have meaningful lives without ever needing to strive or work. If I gave enough away (see a.) then I guess I wouldn’t need to worry about this, but then they might hate me.
5) Places I have lived:
I grew up near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire. Lived for a short while in London before moving in with Steve in Surbiton, Surrey. We lived for just under two years in Cleveland, Ohio, which is where Alex was born. Since then we have lived in Thames Ditton, Surrey. We also have a cottage near Bridport in Dorset, where we spend as much time as we can.
6) Jobs I have had:
My current and last jobs have been in museums. Before that I spent ages studying. Before that I was a qualitative market researcher.
7) Peeps I want to know more about: