I’ve actually finished something! Woohoo!
Some of you may recall my recent rant about this pattern. Briefly, the pattern underestimated the yarn requirement by almost a third, as well as having errors serious enough that I had to pretty much re-engineer the pattern from the picture.
I am, however, very pleased to report that the dyer in question has bent over backwards to rectify this situation. She offered me a full refund for the yarn, but she also dyed an extra skein of the rust colour just so that I could finish this beret. It’s for a Christmas present, so I am really happy to be able to complete it.
The extra yarn that she dyed was very slightly lighter than the original, but I got around this by knitting alternate rows of the two shades. I think it’s worked pretty well, I actually like the resulting marled effect:
Pattern: Beret pattern, from Devon Fine Fibres
Yarn: Pure Cashmere 4 ply, from Devon Fine Fibres
I finished this on Sunday, but today is the first chance I’ve had to photograph it in daylight. Here are some of the out-takes from my photo shoot with Steve this morning: